Collection: ATV helmets NZ
Shop Our Range of ATV Helmets in NZ
An ATV is the key to many adventures that will involve their own set of risks that you need to prepare for as far as possible. Kaitaia Motorcycles offers a wide range of ATV helmets in NZ as your first piece of gear to protect you against concussions, road rash and other injuries.
What You Should Know About Quad Bike Accessories in NZ
Quad bikes can go where few vehicles can, and you can venture onto the beach, up a hill, on a rocky road or use it on the farm. First, you must inform yourself about the machine’s workings and how to protect yourself with quad bike accessories.
- As with any vehicle, you have to maintain it properly. The bike will face debris and mud, and components such as the oil and inner parts can become tainted, and it is best to change the oil regularly and wash the quad so hard mud or dirt doesn’t damage the exterior.
- The tyres are what you need to look after the most. Uneven terrain and the uncertainty it holds can mean a damaged tyre or a flat in no time. So be sure to inspect your bike after every ride and to do proper maintenance checks on your tyres to make sure it is safe to drive.
- Protect yourself. You are out in the open, on the back of an open vehicle, and no matter how comfortable you are with driving a quad bike, nasty burns, quad rolls and head injuries are a reality. That’s why it’s wise to gear up with a helmet, goggles, jacket, pants and boots to be as safe as possible.
Tips for Buying Motorbike Helmets in NZ
Now you know how to take care of your quad bike’s inner and outer parts, but you still need to get a helmet for yourself if you want to have fun and feel safe at the same time. Here are a few tips to look out for before you buy a helmet.
- Don’t buy second-hand. There is a reason why bikers and off-roaders stick to the trusted brand; you don’t want to put your life in the hands of worn second-hand helmets that’s internal integrity is lost and offers you very little protection.
- Choose a helmet for your purpose. For example, it is fine to drive an ATV with a motorbike helmet for protection, but it is not ideal. Off-road helmets have other strengths and allow for a bigger, open eye area to wear goggles for extra protection.
- Off-road helmets have further protection in the form of a peak to protect against the sun and direct sunlight in your eyes. In addition, the dust filters and removable, washable inner lining makes for easy cleaning and hygiene.
Why Choose Kaitaia Motorcycles
Parts, accessories and gear are all probably the most important things you will need as an off-road enthusiast. You can trust us to provide top quality brand and parts that we have come to know over our 20 years in providing off-roaders in NZ with the goods they need.
Contact us if you require further assistance.